Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It never hurts to ask...

The first week of December I was cooking a turkey. I put my meat thermometer in to see if it was done and while it was in the oven, the glass on the thermometer exploded. My normal course of action would be to throw it away and add it to my grocery list of things to buy. Before doing that, I decided to contact the manufacturer and see if they would replace it. My thermometer was made by OXO. So, I contacted the customer service by email. I soon received an email from them stating that "OXO has a satisfaction guarantee policy" on all their products. They then directed me to their website to find the item that best resembled the one I had break. The FedEx man just arrived with my new meat thermometer today. I appreciate that they stand behind their products and will definitely buy their stuff in the future. The effort of contacting the manufacturer also saved me the $12 of buying a new thermometer. So,when you have something break, check to see if there is a warranty on it or check with the manufacturer to see if they will replace it....it just might save you some money!


No comments:

Post a Comment