Friday, January 8, 2010

Just Ask!

I received a statement from the bank with a $8 maintenance fee for last month for our business account. We have had the account for over 6 years and I honestly didn't remember what the minimum balance I was required to have to avoid fees was. In finishing up the end of year expenses that needed to go on this tax year, I let the balance drop lower than usual. Hating extra fees, I put in a quick call to the bank to find out if there was "grace" for this happening one time in over six years? The gal at the bank was happy to reverse the charge for me. She also told me that since it was over the end of the month, I would have the same charge for January too, and to just give her a call and she would reverse that charge as well. She went on to tell me how much they appreciated that we had been customers for many years with them and asked if there was anything else I needed help with. I appreciated their being willing to reverse the charge and I also appreciate the great customer service I received. So, if you end up with extra fees, give a call and see if the company is willing to reverse them for you. Thankfully, I got to talk to a real person right away and the call took less than five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment