Thursday, August 6, 2009

You have to try Pomona's Universal Pectin


Our family really enjoys homemade jam. One thing I have never liked about making jam is the large amount of sugar that you use. I have tried the low sugar or no sugar version of the Pectin available at most stores and I didn't care for the taste or texture. This year a friend told me about Pomona's Universal Pectin. It uses 4 cups of fruit and 2 cups of sugar per batch of jam. I made cherry jam (with pie cherries). It was so well liked that our family consumed the whole jar of jam in one meal. The pectin appears to be quite expensive ($4.65 at our local health food store), but each box makes several batches of jam so it ends up being cheaper than the other boxes of pectin. It has such a fresh fruity flavor. I am using Pomona's Universal Pectin now whenever I make jam. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment